Students who wish to enroll in the LSU School of Music’s graduate program must be admissible to Louisiana State University Graduate School and successfully pass an audition with the School of Music. These two steps occur simultaneously.
Visit the LSU Graduate School to apply online.
What you'll need:
- Official transcripts from ALL institutions attended
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Writing Sample(s)
- International Students must submit TOEFL, IELTS or PTE scores. These exams are waived for those international
applicants who have already completed a degree (Bachelor or Masters) from an accredited
university in the United States. Required scores:
- A TOEFL score of 550 on the paper exam, 213 on the computer exam, or 79 on the internet exam, or better.
- A minimum IELTS score of 6.5.
- A minimum PTE score of 59.
- Note: The ETS institution code for the LSU Graduate School is 6373.
Applicants interested in auditioning or completing an interview with the School of Music will indicate as such directly within their Graduate School application. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com. You can reference the Audition/Portfolio requirements below.
- For pre-screened areas, such as Choral Conducting, or Wind Conducting, auditions will be scheduled by invitation only.
- Voice applicants are still required to complete this Audition Request Form, so the admissions office knows their preference should they pass the prescreening round.
Submit supplementary documents through your application portal, if applicable:
- Pre-screening recordings/videos
- GRE scores are required for all PhD applicants
Graduate Degree Programs
The LSU School of Music offers a wealth of graduate-level studies across all disciplines and levels of instruction. The information below is for planning purposes only, and does not replace student’s individual catalog and degree audit requirements upon entering the School.