The College of Music & Dramatic Arts Boot Camp is a required orientation program specially designed for incoming Music, Theatre, and Film & Television majors. As part of the university’s Welcome Week activities (August 13 - 20), Boot Camp helps students smoothly transition to the College of Music & Dramatic Arts and campus life prior to the fall semester.
At the Boot Camp, incoming students will:
- Learn important study skills.
- Get a jump start on course content and college research opportunities.
- Complete CMDA major-specific placement examinations.
- Create special projects while collaborating with new peers.
- Meet and work with faculty, student ambassadors, and the CMDA Office of Student Success staff.
- Learn about other services and resources around campus and attend workshops with topics such as time management and self-care — integral to a successful academic career.
CMDA Boot Camp will take place from August 15 - 20.
*Please know that you will not miss out on any university wide Welcome Week activities by attending Boot Camp, CMDA students participate in parallel activities specific to our college.
The College of Music & Dramatic Arts Boot Camp is offered in conjunction with Welcome Week, allowing students to participate in both major-specific workshops during the day and campus-wide activities in the evenings. All CMDA Students will register for Boot Camp as part of their Welcome Week registration available in your Admissions Portal; Boot Camp will be your Choose Your Adventure (CYA) option.
Students cannot co-register for CMDA Boot Camp and other activities such as Tiger Band, STRIPES, or Rush. Any incoming CMDA students wishing to participate in STRIPES and Rush should notify firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.