Steps To Admission
- Students who wish to enroll in the LSU School of Music must be admissible to Louisiana State University.
- You can apply to LSU and still complete the School of Music audition process while awaiting a decision.
Complete the School of Music Application
- This is found in your myLSU application portal.
- This step includes selecting your audition type: in-person or virtual. Refer to the "Perform Your Audition" section of this page for details.
- Your options for auditioning may differ depending on the area you are trying to enter. Please refer to the Audition Requirements to check if this applies to you.
Prepare Your Audition
- If you have not already, be sure to review the requirements for your specific area!
Perform Your Audition
- Live and In-Person, at an LSU Audition Day.
- If you select this option, we will contact you to schedule a date and time.
- Recorded audition(s) can be submitted through your myLSU application portal.
- They must be submitted by February 1, 2021 for Fall 2021 consideration.
- Deadline extension requests due to health and safety reasons will be considered.
International & Transfer Student Information
An applicant whose native language is not English and/or who has been educated outside of the U.S. in a country or province where English is not the only official language must demonstrate proof of English proficiency by submitting either a TOEFL or an IELTS score.
Transfer students are encouraged to submit all transcripts to LSU as early as possible, to allow for evaluation of course credit. All transfer music coursework is based on placement exams taken at LSU. Transfer students who are interested in being considered for scholarships must contact:
Office of Student Success
102 School of Music Building
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-2504
Visit Our Campus
From the Italian Renaissance architecture to Mike the Tiger's beautiful habitat, LSU has multiple attractions that are perfect for a walking tour. The LSU School of Music has a variety of performance and learning spaces we would love to show you, such as the historic art deco Shaver Theatre. Also check out the Visual and Performing Arts Residential College (VPARC), a unique living space where students from the College of Music & Dramatic Arts and the College of Art + Design can collaborate together.