Resources For Prospective Students
The LSU Department of Bands and LSU School of Music offer a wide variety of camp experiences, academic studies, and performance opportunities for students at all levels.
Middle & High School Students
The Department offers several camps and workshops geared towards K-12 band students at all levels of experience, including:
- The Stately Oaks Band Festival
- The LSU Bands Summer Camp
- Tigerland Auxiliary and Leadership Camp (TALC)
We are pleased to offer complimentary tickets to any of our concerts for high school students and their band directors! Students may use the form below to request a single ticket.
Undergraduate students enrolling at LSU can audition to participate in any of the major Department of Bands concert ensembles, including:
Ensemble participation is a key requirement of all LSU School of Music undergraduate degree programs. However, the ensembles are also open to all degree majors across LSU, and we welcome anyone to audition.
In addition to the ensemble participation offered at all levels, LSU offers prospective graduate students both MM (Master of Music) and DMA (Doctor of Musical Arts) programs in wind conducting. The LSU Department of Bands provides an elite, comprehensive experience for graduate conducting students, including:
- Working within three concert ensembles, a chamber ensemble, and all aspects of the athletic band program.
- Weekly conducting practicum sessions with top chamber performers.
- Limited studio size to ensure maximum podium time.
- Regular integration and interaction between orchestral and wind conducting studios.
- Full tuition plus stipend.