LSU Bands Summer Camp
June 12 – 16, 2022 // LSU Baton Rouge Campus
This is an intensive summer music camp for high school students with a wide range of experience. Students will study privately on their instrument, in concert rehearsal settings, as well as in chamber groups, working with accomplished professional faculty from the LSU School of Music.
Registration & Cost
Registration will open March 21, 2022 and close on May 29, 2022, at 11:59 p.m.
There are two pricing options available:
- Resident - $450
- Tuition includes room and board for the length of stay.
- Resident must bring their own bed linens.
- A separate room key deposit of $50 (cash or check) will be required upon check-in.
- Commuter - $350
- Tuition includes lunch and dinner for the duration of camp.
- This option does not include overnight housing or breakfast.
An optional LSU visitor parking pass can be purchased for $20. If you are dropping off or picking up participants only, a parking pass is not needed.
If you are unable to eat the meals provided, please plan to bring a packed meal. No special meals will be provided.
Event Schedules & FAQs
A complete itinerary is available by clicking the appropriate button below. Please note that the schedule varies slightly between residents and commuters. In general, please plan to be on campus and have full availability on the following dates and time ranges.
- Sunday, June 12, 2022, 3:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Monday, June 13, 2022, 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 14, 2022, 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 15, 2022, 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Thursday, June 16, 2022, 8:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
TALC / LSU Bands Music Camp Extension
We are offering an optional one-night dormitory extension between TALC and the LSU Bands Music Camp, to allow residents to attend both camps without having to leave campus. The cost of this extension is $80 and includes one night (Saturday, 6/11) as well as four additional meals at The 459 Dining Hall to cover the time between camps. There are no planned activities during this gap period. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the required form and submit payment.
Ready to get started?
Click the button below to submit your registration. If you encounter any issues with the process, please email email@example.com or contact the Department of Bands office at 225-578-2384.
Registration fees for this event are non-refundable. Any event discount offered by Active is part of a subscription service and is not being offered through the LSU Department of Bands. Please review terms carefully. Event insurance offered through Active is not in conjunction with the LSU Department of Bands.