Tiger's Den FAQs
Check out our website for up-to-date listings of current camp offerings, registration,
and contact information. For specific questions, please contact Tiger’s Den directors
at email@example.com or call (225) 578-7029.
Registration closes the Wednesday before the first day of camp the following week
or when the program fills, so please make sure to register early to ensure your child’s
Tiger’s Den offers on-campus field trips and off campus field trips, on select weeks.
Information about potential fields trips will be announced prior to the beginning
Camp will begin and end in the East Gym as "home base". Many activities are held in
the gym and studios, but campers will be lead throughout our facility to participate
in a variety of program that the UREC has to offer.
- Camp Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Early Drop Off (Additional $10/week): 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
- Drop Off: 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- Pick Up: 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Late Pick Up (Additional $10/week): 5:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Lunch and snacks will be provided during summer camp. Snack will only be provided
during Winter Camp, and campers will be required to bring their own food. For special
food accommodations, please contact Tiger’s Den directors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Parent Handbook is a valuable resource that all families should review prior to
attending camp. Click here to view the handbook or email Tiger’s Den directors at
- If canceled 10 days prior to the session – $10 administration fee.
- If cancelled three to nine days prior to first day of the session start date – 50%
of registration fee will be refunded.
- If cancelled two or less days prior to first day of the session start date – No refund
will be given.
No, but LSU students, faculty, staff, and affiliates receive priority registration
times and prices. Tiger’s Den is open to all others after the priority registration
period is finished.
UREC takes all major credit cards and personal checks. Payment plans can be made with
FACTS Payment Plan
Camp includes a wide variety of activities based around themes assigned to each week.
Campers can expect to participate in relay races, swimming, arts and crafts and outdoor
Children aged 6 – 12 are eligible to attend Tiger’s Den.
Camp will be held at LSU University Recreation facility.
- Counselors are responsible for ensuring a safe environment and positive camp experience
for all campers. Counselors are current college students or recent graduates.
- Counselors complete an extensive training prior to the start of camp, which focuses
on topics such as child behavior and development, discipline, incident prevention,
rules and regulations, and certification in First Aid/CPR/AED for Adult, Child, &
Infant by the American Red Cross.
- All staff, including Director and Counselors, must pass a background check to be employed
with Tiger’s Den.
- LSU Students = $200, Registration begins March 1
- LSU faculty, staff, and affiliate Summer Camp Rate = $200, Priority Registration period
begins March 1
- Non-LSU rate = $225. Registration begins April 1
- LSU Winter Camp Rate = $40, Registration begins October 1
- LSU students, faculty, staff, and affiliate Summer Camp Rate = $40, Registration begins
Children should come dressed for a full day of activity. We recommend activity clothes
and athletic shoes. Open-toed shoes will not be permitted. Campers should bring items
in a well-marked backpack or athletic bag. Conduct University Recreation reserves
the right to dismiss a camper if their behavior jeopardizes the others campers’ safety