The Student Success Help Desk (SSHD) will assist you in answering any questions you may have. We will point you to the best campus resources to resolve your concern, give you guidance & support, and serve as a one-stop-shop for most of your needs. Our goal is to help you overcome any potential obstacles that may stand in the way of your graduation. The Student Success Help Desk is here to help ensure your success!
"The staff in Retention and Student Success was nothing short of extraordinary in answering all my questions. I came into our meeting with little knowledge of what direction I wanted to go in. I came out with a major I am so happy with, and some good advice on how to pursue this career path. We continue to email to this day, and I know they will always respond. I can't recommend setting up a meeting more."
— Jackson Ritchie
Student Success Help Desk Checklist
- If your well-being is contributing to the problems or concerns you are experiencing, you may need to seek out the resources provided by the Student Health Center, Mental Health Services, or a private provider.
- If you are in a life threatening or emergency situation, please contact 911 and/or LSU Police.
- LSU continues to follow all CDC and state guidelines for health and safety, and is doing everything possible to prevent the spread of COVID-19 on campus. For additional information and to find a testing site visit lsu.edu/roadmap/health/testing.php
- Our Student Success Assistants are here to help you find the office and/or service that can best assist with your particular questions or concerns.
Hours & Contact Information
- Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.; closed weekends and campus holidays
- Location: LSU Welcome Center, located at the corner of Highland Road and Dalrymple Drive; view on map
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 225-578-2634
Student Staff Positions
Our trained coaches and assistants are here for you. Student Success Assistants support you by staffing the Student Success Help Desk, which serves a one stop shop for all your questions. Student Success Coaches are peer mentors who support you throughout your first year at LSU through 1:1 appointments, outreach, and peer support.