Courses and Curricula Committee
- To approve or disapprove, after review to determine the best interest of the students and the University, proposed additions to, alterations of, and elimination of all courses, curricula, and degree programs submitted by colleges and schools, or referred by the Office of Academic Affairs.
- To notify the appropriate departments and colleges and the Office of Academic Affairs regarding all decisions reached by the committee and to make recommendations concerning needed clarification, coordination, or study of the implications of proposed changes.
- To consult, when deemed appropriate, with departments which appear to be affected by proposed changes in courses and curricula; departments may appeal decisions made by the committee; if the appeal is supported by the college curriculum committee, the matter shall be sent directly to the Faculty Senate for final determination and placed on the Agenda of the Faculty Senate for the next regularly scheduled meeting of the Senate, and
- To conduct on its own initiative continuing studies of courses and curricula, and to make recommendations to departments concerned and to the Executive Vice President and Provost changes which appear to be desirable and which appear to require study by specific departments concerned or by special committees appointed for the purpose.
Eleven "experienced" faculty (no more than two from any college or school); one undergraduate student; one graduate student; chair of the Integrative Learning Core Committee, ex officio. The Office of Academic Affairs will provide administrative assistance at the request of the committee.
- “Experienced” is defined as having had one or more years of active participation on a department, school, or college curriculum committee.
|Jeff Perry (interim chair)||Music & Dramatic Artsfirstname.lastname@example.org||2024|
|Catherine Lemieux||Human Sciences & Educationemail@example.com||2024|
|Michael Henderson||Mass Communicationfirstname.lastname@example.org||2024|
|Heidi Banse||Veterinary Medicineemail@example.com||2025|
|Lauren Coats||Humanities & Social Sciencesfirstname.lastname@example.org||2025|
|Leonard Ray||Humanities & Social Sciencesemail@example.com||2025|
|Matthew Hiatt||Coast & Environmentfirstname.lastname@example.org||2026|
|Jackie Bach||Executive Vice President & Provost (or designee)||email@example.com||Ex-officio|
|Ludovico Geymonat||Faculty Senate Integrative Learning Core Committee, Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org||Ex-officio|
|Terry Geraldsen||Graduate Studentemail@example.com||Ex-officio|
|Colin Raby||Undergraduate Studentfirstname.lastname@example.org||Ex-officio|