You like sharing your knowledge of agriculture. Indoors or out, this is an area in which you will be able to grow as you teach others.
About Agricultural & Extension Education
This broad-based curriculum encompasses all areas of agriculture and offers you unique opportunities for professional and leadership development, hands-on learning across the state, and participation in faculty-led research. Available concentrations will prepare you for teaching in secondary schools or for careers in extension, business, government, or industry.
Extension and Non-formal Education
This concentration prepares you for diverse career opportunities in agriculture, agribusiness, agricultural industry, and agricultural organizations.
Teaching in Formal Education
Develop your agricultural knowledge and skills through teaching; supervise agriculture experiences, teach students in both formal and informal settings, and advise FFA and other agriculture organization chapters.
- Agricultural education programs administrator
- Extension service youth programs manager
- 4-H coordinator
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- 2.0 GPA in all coursework (2.5 GPA for transfer)
- 2.0 cumulative GPA in courses toward degree requirements
- grade of "C" or better in ENGL 1001 and MATH 1021 or higher
B.S., Bachelor of Science
Course Load by Subject Area
- Agriculture: Medium Intensity
- Communication: Medium Intensity
- Electives: Low Intensity
- Science: Low Intensity
Learn more about course loads and subject areas