Agriculture Career Fair
Date: Friday, November 5, 2021
Time: 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
Location: LSU Student Union Royal Cotillion Ballroom
Contact: LSU Olinde Career Center
The agriculture industry offers a variety of careers aligned with most majors!
Co-hosted with the College of Agriculture, the Agriculture Career Fair allows students from LSU and Southern University to network with local and nationwide employers recruiting for a variety of internship and full-time positions within food, nutrition, textile, environmental, plant, soil and animal sciences as well as forestry, wildlife and fisheries biology, conservation and natural resources management, business, engineering, communications, sales, fashion and merchandising, human services and more. Additionally, students will have the chance to inquire about admission information on agriculture professional school programs.
Fall 2021 Event Sponsors
This event is open to current students of LSU System campuses and alumni from the Baton Rouge campus as well as Southern University students.
Pre-registration is not required.
Preparing for the Event
Check back here in July for student event preparation tips including what to wear, how to research employers attending the event, and practicing your elevator pitch.
To register for the Agriculture Career Fair:
- Log into Handshake. Not a Handshake user? Create your free account today!
- Select the "Fairs" tab on the left navigation menu
- Search for this event by entering "Louisiana State University" in the search bar. All LSU open event registrations will appear for you to browse. Select the event you would like to register for and proceed with the registration form.
- Please note: Payment instructions will be sent to you via email within one week of your registration submission. Questions? Contact Contact Courtney Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration Fee: This is a free event for up to two company representatives.
Important Notes for Recruiters
- Please review the Employer Event Information Packet for details and deadlines.
- Make a lasting impression on students by registering as an Event Sponsor (learn more below)!
- Please also review the Event Refund, Cancellation, and Weather Policy
- By registering for this event, you confirm that all employer representatives have read and agree to the information and policies on our Employer Policies web-page.
- Refreshments and boxed lunch will be provided. If you have dietary restrictions, please contact Courtney Edwards at email@example.com no later than two weeks before the event. Please note there other dining options in and around the LSU campus for you to explore.
Elevate student awareness of your organization and hiring opportunities while improving students’ experiences through event sponsorship!
Event Sponsor Benefits
- Event Placement:
- Your organization is located in a Preferred Placement on the event floor, based on high student traffic areas and event space availability. Placement is at the discretion of the LSU Olinde Career Center.
- Résumé Packet:
- To further your recruiting efforts, you will receive a digital résumé packet following the event which includes resumes for all students who checked-in for the event and also have a public résumé in Handshake. For virtual events, this includes all students who registered for the virtual event, whether they scheduled a session with your team or not.
- Student Promotion:
- Your organization is promoted as an Event Sponsor on the event web page, Handshake student and employer event pages, and in all student and employer emails promoting the event.
- Your organization is recognized during the event as an Event Sponsor on sponsor signage at student check-in, in the student event handout, and is pictured and tagged in an @LSUCareerCenter social media post related to the event.
Become an event sponsor for $500. You can sign up to be an event sponsor during the registration process.
Employers who register later than two weeks prior to the event (including sponsors and/or employer partners) will not be featured on the student handout, as we will have already submitted these items to be printed. PLEASE NOTE: If you do not show up for the event, you will still be required to pay.
College of Agriculture Career Prep Week
The Agriculture Career Fair is part of Career Prep Week, which offers a variety of opportunities for agriculture employers to network and engage with students.