Living in a Community
This may be the first time you're living with a roommate or in a community atmosphere. We want you to positively contribute to your campus home, so there are community standards and accountability measures in place to maintain comfortable, safe, fun housing where you can thrive.
We're in this together.
Conduct & Reporting
The Residential Life Student Conduct Office works with LSU Student Advocacy & Accountability to uphold standards in communities.
Violating community standards or the housing contract can lead to conduct sanctions or removal from campus housing.
Let’s be good neighbors and look out for one another. If you know of a student or situation of concern, you can report it through LSU Cares.
interior and exterior security cameras at Res Life facilities
Live-in staff members are available on-site or on-call 24/7/365 for residents.
Safety & Security
When you live on campus, your safety is our top priority. But we know that safety is a shared responsibility, so let’s work together to make your on-campus experience a safe and enjoyable one. In addition to campus-wide safety initiatives, living on campus also includes:
Guest Visitation Policies
- You are responsible for your guests and their behavior in the community. View visitation details in the Living on Campus Handbook.
- Each community has an on-call team ready to respond, either at the staffed service desk or available at the on-call phone number listed at the desk.
- Staff conducts twice nightly general safety walk-through of the communities. Staff also conduct routine lighting and shrubbery audits around campus communities to help maintain clear and well-lit walking paths.
- Each building has at least two levels of security to get to a student’s room in the residence halls. Individual rooms have physical locks that are accessible via key or ID card and pin number.
- Remember, please don’t prop open doors or let people you don’t know ‘tailgate’ in to your building on your Tiger Card swipe. It’s never a good idea to sacrifice safety for convenience.
- All campus room exterior doors have peep holes so you can view who is at your door before opening it.
Prepped & Ready
- Protocols are in place for handling emergencies from fires to severe weather and everything in between.
Park & Ride
- If you need a ride on campus, Campus Transit will give you a free ride from door-to-door, anywhere on campus from 5:30 p.m. to midnight, seven days a week.
- After midnight, you can call LSU Police at 225-578-3231, to escort you to your on-campus destination.