December 17th, 2021
These events will be held indoors. Please know that if the status of the pandemic changes, or if the state’s event guidelines change, these ceremonies could also change. At this time, here is what you can expect:
- Masks are not required in any venue. However, masks are highly encouraged, especially for graduates.
- There will be no restrictions on the number of attending guests.
- Graduates will be seated in physically distanced seats and will be invited to walk across the stage while their names are called.
- There will be a minimal platform party and minimal attendance by LSU faculty to reduce the density of people at the ceremonies. Consequently, there will be no faculty processions at either of the ceremonies.
- Doors will open for each event approximately one hour prior to the start of the ceremony. Guests planning to sit together must enter the venue together, as the saving of seats will not be permitted due to physical distancing precautions.
- Once seated, all guests should refrain from moving about the venue for the duration of the ceremony due to physical distancing and health precautions.
- At the culmination of the ceremony, graduates and their guests should plan to meet outside the venue. The facility will need to be cleared in order for sanitation to take place before the following ceremony.
- Clear bags will not be required. However, all bags will be subject to a search upon entry.
E. J. Ourso College of Business
College of Science
Manship School of Mass Communication
College of Music & Dramatic Arts
College of Engineering
School of Veterinary Medicine
College of Art & Design
College of Agriculture
College of Humanities & Social Sciences
College of the Coast & Environment
College of Human Sciences & Education
To access your photos from your commencement ceremony, please visit The Grad Team's website.
We want you to enjoy this significant milestone in your life, but we also want the rights and safety of others respected. Therefore, alcoholic beverages and compressed air noisemakers will not be allowed at the Diploma Ceremonies.