Student Support Services Tutor List
Student Support Services offers 1:1 tutoring for its participants. Tutors are required to have a 3.0 GPA and to have received an A or B in the classes they tutor.
Additional On-campus Tutoring
- Shell Tutorial Center provided by Center for Academic Success
- Writing Coaching/Mentoring provided by CxC
- Residential Life Tutoring Resources
- Physics Tutorial Center provided by Department of Physics & Astronomy
SSS Tutoring Policies
- Students are limited to two hours per subject per week unless approved by the tutor and the SSS Coordinator.
- Tutees must cancel or reschedule at least two hours before their session with their tutor.
- Students who cancel their appointments with less than two hours notification will receive a warning email or phone call. If a student no-shows or cancels an appointment with less than two hours notification a second time, the student must meet with an SSS full-time staff member before they may resume tutoring services. This policy also applies to students who show up later than 15 minutes late to the appointment without notifying their tutor at least two hours before. Further offenses will suspend the student from tutoring services unless approved by an SSS full-time staff member.
- Student Support Services will work to provide tutors for the following classes each semester: ACCT 2001, ACCT 2101, BIOL 1201/ 1001, BIOL 1202/ 1002, BIOL 2051, BIOL 2153, BIOL 2160, CHEM 1201/ 1001, CHEM 1202/ 1002, CHEM 2261, CHEM 2262, ECON 2000, ECON 2010, MATH 1021, MATH 1022, MATH 1431, MATH 1550, MATH 1552, PHYS 2001, PHYS 2002, PHYS 2110, PHYS 2112, PHYS 2113, SPAN 1101, 1102, 1152, 2101, 2102, EXST 2201, FREN 1001 and FREN 1002.
- If an SSS student is seeking tutoring in a class not listed above, students must make an appointment with an SSS full-time staff member to discuss the tutor request.
- Tutors and tutees are not to meet in personal spaces (i.e. dorm rooms, apartments, houses). Tutors and tutees are only to meet in public spaces, such as the SSS lab, LSU library, or a public coffee house.
- All students and tutors must abide by the Louisiana State University Code of Student Conduct.