You love fashion and dream of creating apparel and displaying it for the world to see.
About Textiles, Apparel & Merchandising
Through the textiles, apparel, and merchandising curriculum, you can work toward your dream by taking advantage of its unique learning opportunities to gain technical and creative knowledge. Refine your critical thinking skills, gain expertise in the area of product development, and learn how to market your final product to consumers in a global marketplace. Learn about the art and science of textile production and development, including materials, processes, and technologies involved in today’s industry.
Apparel Design: Learn about the construction and design aspects of the fashion industry for the consumer market.
Merchandising: Learn about apparel economics, marketing, and the industry psychology of the fashion world.
Textile Science: Learn about the art and science of textile production and development, including materials, processes, and technologies involved in today’s industry.
- Apparel designer
- Costume designer
- Fashion merchandiser
- Materials specialist
- Product development scientist
- Retail distribution manager
- Textiles expert
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- 2.0 GPA in all coursework (2.5 GPA for transfer)
- 2.0 cumulative GPA in courses toward degree requirements
- grade of "C" or better in ENGL 1001 and MATH 1021 or higher
B.S., Bachelor of Science
Course Load by Subject Area
- Business & Economics: Medium Intensity
- Communication: Medium Intensity
- Lab Hours or Field Work: Medium Intensity
- Technology: Medium Intensity
- Visual Art: Medium Intensity
- Agriculture: Low Intensity
- History & Law: Low Intensity
- Science: Low Intensity
- View all course loads