Health Professions Fair
Professional schools and employers with specializations in the healthcare industry connect with students with like-minded career paths or interests.
Date: October 4, 2022
Time: 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
Location: LSU Student Union Royal Cotillion Ballroom
Health Professions Fair Sponsors
Student and Alumni Event Information
This event is open to current students of LSU System campuses and alumni from the Baton Rouge campus. Pre-registration is not required.
Whether you are considering graduate school for a healthcare degree or are seeking full-time jobs and internship in the healthcare industry, this is a great opportunity for you to practice networking and make connections with graduate programs and employers.
Practice your elevator pitch. This is the quick intro you will share with employers when first meeting them at Career Expo events.
Look up the employers and grad schools attending. Read up on their mission statements, curriculums, services or products they provide, or any industry trends. Then, draft questions you have about companies, schools, and opportunities. If possible, apply to any jobs you are interested in before the event.
Bring a few copies of your résumé. Not all employers will be able to take a copy for HR reasons, but some may be open to it. Build your résumé using our online resources and templates.
Business casual attire is strongly recommended, students seeking jobs or internships may benefit from wearing business professional attire.
Employers who register later than two weeks prior to the event (including sponsors and/or employer partners) will not be featured on the student handout, as we will have already submitted these items to be printed. PLEASE NOTE: If you do not show up for the event, you will still be required to pay.
How to register:
Please note: Payment instructions will be sent to you via email within one week of
your registration submission. Questions? Contact Courtney Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review the Employer Event Information Packet for details and deadlines.
- Make a lasting impression on students by registering as an Event Sponsor. More details below and within the registration form.
- Please also review the Event Refund, Cancellation, and Weather Policy.
- By registering for this event, you confirm that all employer representatives have read and agree to the information and policies on our Employer Policies webpage.
- Refreshments and boxed lunch will be provided. If you have dietary restrictions, please contact Courtney Edwards at email@example.com no later than two weeks before the event.
- Please note there other dining options in and around the LSU campus for you to explore.
Business Entity Registration Fee: $150 for two representatives and $30 for each additional
Louisiana State University Entity Registration Fee: $75 and $30 for each additional representative
Elevate student awareness of your organization and hiring opportunities while improving students’ experiences through event sponsorship! Sponsorship is $350 for this event. You can sign-up to be an event sponsor during the registration process.
Event Sponsor Benefits
- Event Placement:
- Your organization is located in a Preferred Placement on the event floor, based on high student traffic areas and event space availability. Placement is at the discretion of the LSU Olinde Career Center.
- Student Promotion:
- Your organization is promoted as an Event Sponsor on the event web page, Handshake student and employer event pages, and in all student and employer emails promoting the event.
- Your organization is recognized during the event as an Event Sponsor on sponsor signage at student check-in, in the student event handout, and is pictured and tagged in an @LSUCareerCenter social media post related to the event.