Minor in Mass Communication
The ability to communicate well is key to a successful career across all occupations. Build your communication skills at LSU’s Manship School of Mass Communication, which is ranked one of the strongest communication programs in the country.
Develop practical expertise that will advance your career, including:
- Public relations
- Political communication strategy
- Writing for a variety of audiences, including media
- Crisis communication
- Content creation
- Media law & ethics
A mass communication minor can be achieved* with 18 credit hours and requires four courses:
- MC 2000 Introduction to Mass Media
- MC 2010 Media Writing
- MC 2015 Visual Communication
- MC 2035 Digital Brands
Students will also select a focus, choosing two additional courses from one of the following:
- Journalism: MC 2005 and MC 3103 or 3104
- Advertising: MC 2040 and MC 3031
- Public Relations: MC 3010 and MC 3001
- Political Communication: MC 3504 and MC 3520
- Law & Ethics: MC 3080 and MC 4090
- Social Media & Analytics: MC 4550 and MC 4600
A full description of the minor can be found in the LSU General Catalog.
Contact Courtni Guidry at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
*See LSU General Catalog for additional prerequisites and academic criteria.