NOTE: Students who need their scheduling/advising flag lifted must interact with the faculty advisor. Also, please reach out to your academic department for information on general advising for Fall 2020.
The College of Engineering Student Services team will not host in-person appointments during the Fall 2020 semester but will assist students virtually by email, phone, or Zoom. If you would like to speak with a counselor, we encourage you to schedule an appointment via the Navigate Student app.
Navigate Student App
Schedule your appointment with a Student Services counselor by using the Navigate Student mobile app. Download it by searching "Navigate Student" in the App Store or Google Play.
The Navigate Student mobile app will help you keep up with all of your responsibilities and puts all of your next steps in one place. It gives you a customized list of important deadlines and upcoming events, virtually creating a timeline for your success. You’ll always know when registration for classes will open, how to get involved in various events, where to find academic resources on campus, and how to schedule an appointment with your academic advisor directly from your phone.
Scheduling an Appointment
When scheduling an appointment with one of our counselors via Navigate Student, you will need to select the following options in order when prompted:
- Academic Advising
- College of Engineering
- Advising (Student Services) – first option in the third listing
- Do not choose major/degree department.
Please note in the comment box (when you arrive on that page) your reason for scheduling an appointment and whether you’d like a phone call or Zoom video conference. Monitor your myLSU email closely for correspondence from your counselor regarding your appointment session and information for your meeting preference.
Students who have a general question and do not need an appointment may send an email directly to their preferred counselor or to email@example.com. We will attempt to respond as quickly as possible.
A reminder that the following services do not require speaking to a counselor and can be accomplished by a team member at our front desk:
- Invoking the Grade Exclusion Policy
- Changing a major within the College of Engineering
- Obtaining a copy of your degree audit
- Adding or removing a minor
- Declaring or amending your graduation date
- Changing your catalog year
- Find out your class rank (rankings will be available after the 14th class day)
- Requesting a final exam schedule change (starting after mid-terms–communications will be sent out)
Engineering Student Services can assist you with the following:
- Serves as a first contact for those needing assistance.
- Provide academic and career counseling.
- Give general advice on how to solve various student problems.
- Refer students to best sources of information (ex: Career Center, Computer Rooms, etc.)
- Assist students with unofficial transcripts, degree audits, and rank in class.
- Program minors for students withing to declare them.
Address: William Brookshire Student Services Suite, Patrick F. Taylor Hall 2228
Main Phone: 225-578-5731