Effective Tuesday, March 17, most faculty and staff at LSU will begin working remotely for the foreseeable future. This is the safest and most prudent course of action given the information available on COVID-19. For this reason, the Office of Student Services will no longer host in-person appointments for the foreseeable future.
- To schedule an appointment with a counselor, students must use the Navigate Student App. Once an appointment is made, students will have several options for meeting with their counselor.
- Currently, appointment options include:
- Zoom meeting
- Phone call
- Once an appointment is scheduled, please monitor your myLSU email closely, as your counselor will contact you by email to determine which meeting format you prefer, and provide links to the corresponding information for your meeting preference.
- Students who have a general question and do not need an appointment may send an email directly to their preferred counselor, or to email@example.com. We will attempt to respond as quickly as possible.
- Students who need their scheduling/advising flag lifted must interact with their faculty
advisor. Please do not schedule an appointment with a counselor for this reason, as
we are unable to assist. Instead, please reach out to your academic department for
information on general advising for Fall 2020.
Engineering Student Services can assist you with the following:
- Serve as a first contact for those needing assistance.
- Provide academic and career counseling.
- Give general advice on how to solve various student problems.
- Refer students to best source of information (ex: Career Center, Computer Rooms, etc.).
- Assist students with registration and schedule changes/issues and exam rescheduling.
- Supply students with unofficial transcripts, degree audits, and rank in class.
- Assist student organizations in obtaining conference rooms for meetings.
- Program minors for students wishing to add them.
Schedule your appointment with a Student Services counselor by using the Navigate Student mobile app. Download it by searching "Navigate Student" in the App Store or Google Play.
The Navigate Student mobile app will help you keep up with all of your responsibilities and puts all of your next steps in one place. It gives you a customized list of important deadlines and upcoming events, virtually creating a timeline for your success. You’ll always know when registration for classes will open, how to get involved in various events, where to find academic resources on campus, and how to schedule an appointment with your academic advisor directly from your phone.
Address: William Brookshire Student Services Suite, Patrick F. Taylor Hall 2228
Main Phone: 225-578-5731