Grade Exclusion Petition
College of Engineering Instructions for Processing a Grade Exclusion Petition (GEP)
This form may be submitted either:
- Electronically via the form and submit button below
- In person by printing the form and delivering to the William Brookshire Student Services Office, 2228 Patrick F. Taylor Hall (Download Grade Exclusion Form)
- This policy applies only when the grade exclusion request is filed prior to retaking the course.
- CoE Student Services dates for accepting & submitting petitions:
|Semester||Start Accepting Applications||Deadline for Petitions*|
|Summer Intersession 2018||July 23, 2018||August 7, 2018 @ 4:30pm|
|Fall 2018||July 30, 2018||August 29, 2018 @ 4:30pm|
|Wintersession 2018||December 3, 2018||December 11, 2018 @ 4:30pm|
|Spring 2019||December 13, 2018||January 18, 2019 @ 4:30pm|
|Spring Intersession 2019||May 9, 2019||May 14, 2019 @ 4:30pm|
|Summer 2019||May 13, 2019||June 6, 2019 @ 4:30pm|
* The deadline to complete a request for any term/semester is the last day to add classes for that term!
To request implementation of the Grade Exclusion policy:
- Review BOTH policy details and a listing of courses that cannot be used with Grade Exclusion. These can be found at the University Registrar's website.
- For Student Athletes ONLY: Bring your completed Grade Exclusion Petition (GEP) to the Academic Center for Student Athletes (ACA). They will determine the compatibility of your request with maintaining your eligibility to compete. The GEP must have an ACA signature before the College of Engineering can process the request.
- GEP are processed weekly. You will be contacted if there are issues that prevent your petition from being processed.
Scroll back up to top for confirmation message.