Chemical Engineering Accreditation
The LSU Chemical Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
Consistent with LSU’s mission, chemical engineering graduates will:
- Attain careers as engineering professionals in chemical, energy production, engineering design, biochemical, or related industries.
- Succeed in graduate programs in chemical and biomolecular engineering, medicine, business, law, or other scientific/engineering disciplines.
- Solve industrially relevant, open-ended engineering problems using appropriate tools and critical thinking capabilities.
- Succeed in leadership, management, and research roles in industry, academia, or government.
Program Student Outcomes
The chemical engineering program produces graduates who are prepared to enter the professional practice of chemical engineering with:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed using appropriate learning strategies.
Undergraduate Enrollment and Degrees Awarded
|Academic Year||Enrollment*||Awarded Degrees|
*Enrollment counts include students who have declared this program as their major
and are enrolled in the
University Center for Freshman Year (UCFY) or College of Engineering.