This REU project is a nine or ten week program where students work collaboratively on a wide variety of computational science projects.
The Louisiana Alliance for Simulation-Guided Materials Application (LA-SiGMA) is a 7-member alliance of universities throughout Louisiana. Members of LA-SiGMA provide six different sites and numerous projects for the REU student to become familiar with interdisciplinary research. With research groups exploring molecular interactions to model hydrophobic solubility, parallel finite elements on unstructured meshes using PETSc and Sieve, simulations of hydrogen storage materials, etc., the participants work on cutting edge research in material sciences and computational tools.
* Application deadline: March 1
- Undergraduates, community college students graduating at least one semester after completion of the REU, or high school seniors attending college in the Fall
- Interested in a major that is within the computational science umbrella (leaves out few majors as it includes all sciences, mathematics, engineering, etc.),
- With at least a 2.75 GPA,
- Considering a career in research and/or graduate school in their major, and
- US citizens or a permanent residents.