The LSU Early Childhood Education Laboratory Preschool provides high quality early childhood programming for children six weeks old through age four.
Applications are accepted throughout the year and may be completed via the link below:
After completing your application online, please mail your check or money order to the following address:
4001 Gourrier Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Note: Your application is not complete until we receive your $75 application fee. Applications without an application fee payment can only be held for 30 days.
Once the application and application fee are received, children are placed on the waiting list. When a space becomes available at the LSU ECE Lab Preschool, the waiting list will be searched, beginning at the top, for the following criteria:
- age-appropriate, eligible child
- date of desired enrollment as indicated on the application form
- enrollment priority
- application date
Enrollment priority is determined by the following in the order presented:
- siblings of children currently enrolled at the LSU ECE Lab Preschool
- children of full-time staff, faculty and currently enrolled students at LSU
- children of individuals with secondary affiliations to LSU
- i.e. children of part-time LSU students, staff or faculty; children of LSU alumni; grandchildren of LSU students, staff, or faculty; children of individuals working for the LSU System
- children from the surrounding community
Prior to attendance, we request that families complete the Ages & Stages Questionnaire (ASQ), which is a developmental screener. The ASQ is designed to measure developmental progress and provide parents with information on their child’s development. The ASQ is completed online and will be shared with administration at the ECELP.
When an enrollment offer is made, enrollment will not be finalized until administration has reviewed the Ages & Stages Questionnaire. Please see the application and the handbook for more details on the application, admission, and enrollment process.
LSU students, faculty and staff are given priority admission to the preschool. Financial assistance is provided for full-time LSU students who qualify. If you have further questions, please visit our website for details about the assistance programs that the ECELP participates in.
Please note there is no affiliation between the ECE Lab Preschool and any other school.