Such a historic, beautiful venue! The acoustics are good and seating is comfortable.- Shannon Leigh, Local Guide
The Union Theater
LSU Auxiliary Services Union Theater Office is responsible for the reservation of event spaces within the LSU Union Theater. We are excited that you are considering the LSU Union Theater for your upcoming event, our goal is to make your event a success with the least amount of stress!
Please note the following:
- We are currently accepting reservation requests for meetings or events through May 31, 2023.
- The Union Theater has equipment available to help you easily stream your event online!
- Box office hours are currently Monday – Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (excluding University closures and holidays)
Rent the Theater
The LSU Student Union Theater is a 1,200 seat proscenium arch theater complete with an orchestra pit. Seating is stadium style with no overhanging balcony, providing great sight lines and sound. It is equipped with the Meyers Constellation System, which provides acoustical enhancement for voice and music performances, delivering concert hall quality sound to you, wherever you may be seated.
Guest Relations & Services
- ALL event ticketing is handled by the Union Theater Box Office. Any patron using a third-party ticket will NOT be allowed entry.
- Tickets may be sold online, by phone, or in person at the Union Theater Box Office. Tickets will not be available to the public until after confirmation and necessary approvals are received.
- The Box Office will open one hour prior to ticketed events and remain open until half an hour after published starting (curtain) time. During these extended hours, only tickets for the current event are sold.
- All ticketed events will be subject to Box Office fees. Estimated fees will be listed on the event estimate that is signed prior to the reservation being confirmed. **In the event of refunds, only the ticket price will be refunded. Processing and/or Box Office fees still apply.
- A Facility Maintenance Fee of $2 is added to each ticket price. For events classified as Paid but without tickets, the $2 fee is added to the final settlement with an attendance record.
- The maximum number of tickets available cannot exceed the seating capacity of the
theater. Any ticket purchased is a
revocable license valid for only the seat and performance
printed on it.
Discounts and Complimentary Tickets: The decision to offer discounted or complimentary tickets to various groups rests with the client but must be discussed in the pre production meeting.
For complimentary tickets: a list of names, positions, and number of tickets for each eligible person must be
provided to the Box Office by 9:00 a.m. two business days prior to the issuance of
Will Call: A photo ID is required for picking up will call tickets. Complimentary tickets require signature on a list provided by the off campus entity. Tickets purchased in advance can be picked up during regular Box Office hours or within one hour of the performance.
Assistance for the Hearing Impaired
- Hearing assistance devices: FM receivers with mini earphones can be checked out from the box office beginning one hour before performance.
- Signing: Persons requiring signers must request this service by contacting the Theater Manager at 225-578-0236. Requests for signers at theatrical events require one-week notice prior to the event date so that the signer can obtain a copy of the printed script and prepare.
Assistance for People with Limited Mobility
- Passenger elevators: The passenger elevators are located between the theater and the Student Union’s main lobby. They can be accessed from the sliding doors located at the end of the left ramp leading to the lower level of the Student Union. *Please note: if you hit the main sliding doors, you have gone too far.
- Wheel chair accommodations: The Student Union Theater has six wheel chair spaces located along the back row of the orchestra seating area. Patrons requiring a wheelchair location may call the box office to request one of these spaces. They are also available for purchase online. Wheelchair spaces do not have a chair and require the guest to be seated in his/her own wheelchair. These spaces are allocated with one reserved seat next to it for a person escorting the guest in the wheelchair. Guests using wheelchairs may want to exit the theater at the end of the event by using the Tower Drive doors along the west side of the auditorium (directly across from the bridge lobby entrance) and down the ramp to the street. The other option is to exit the theater directly into the Student Union main lobby on the east side of the auditorium and taking either elevator to the ground floor.
- Walkers: Guests using walkers should enter the Student Union Theater on the ground floor and use the elevator to access the auditorium. Please see below for information on the elevator. Guests using walkers should purchase regular seats in the orchestra seating area and have a house attendant store their walker against a wall near the closest theater exit. Depending on the location of the seat, guests using walkers may exit at the bridge lobby entrance to the elevators provided.
- Exit ramp: The Student Union Theater has an exit ramp which is located through the
doors located on the
west side of the auditorium between the orchestra and mezzanine seating sections. These doors lead directly down a ramp to Tower Drive opposite the parking lot between Coates and Nicholson Hall.
Assistance for People with Limited Vision
- Guide dogs: Patrons with guide dogs should contact the box office to reserve an aisle seat in the orchestra seating area, even if the event is listed as general admission.
- How many seats do you have?
We currently seat 1200
- Do you have any areas of the theater that allow food/beverages/other events?
Yes, the Theater Reception Room is located on the first floor next to our box offices!
- What are the dimensions of the stage?
Proscenium height: 22ft, Proscenium width: 44fty and stage depth: 43ft
- Do you have a loading dock?
yes, it is for drop off only and will need to organized accordingly. please see our guidelines for more.
- What is the size of the projector screen?
- Is Audio & Visual provided by theater?
Yes, see our pricing here
- How do I reserve parking for my event?
Please complete the Reserved Space Request Form with LSU Parking. You are also allowed to park anywhere on campus after 4:30 p.m.
Nice theater with great sound and easily accessible for people with mobility issues.- Stacie Noto, Local Guide