Auxiliary Services also provides departmental resources such as university key procedure for the Student Union, Copier Management which services and maintains you printers, facility and operations resources if your office, and University Mailing Services.
Keys: Per PS-49, Facility Services has identified building coordinators for each LSU facility to assist in the key issuance process. The Auxiliary Services key request procedure is located at https://www.lsu.edu/as/union/key-request-procedure.php,
Lost/ stolen keys: If a key is lost or stolen, a police report must be filed with LSU Police. In addition, the staff member’s Department Head, LSU Facility Services, and the Auxiliary Services building coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) must be notified. A copy of the police report must be attached to the Facility Services Key Replacement Work Order and sent in to email@example.com.
Termination of Employment: Upon termination of employment, or when a change in space assignment occurs, key(s) must be returned to Facility Services. Also, please inform the Auxiliary Services building coordinator via email of any termination/space assignment changes.
**No employee should unlock a door for any person unless they are certain the individual is authorized to be in the building, room, or area.
HVAC/Temperature Control: Most offices, suites and meeting rooms have dedicated thermostats to control the cooling/heating service for the designated space. If you are having issues controlling your room temperature, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the Information Desk at 225-578-5141.
Operations: All work or service requests must go through the email@example.com. Union building services staff handle issues such as cooling/heating, plumbing, lighting, housekeeping, and pest control. Departmental units may be billed for other types of facility services work.
Decorations/Space Modifications: Physical modification of any room or space is prohibited. Auxiliary Services must approve requests for modification prior to alterations. Please refrain from hanging items in office areas. You may contact Facility Services for assistance when hanging framed paintings, pictures, or artwork. Banners, signs and decorations should not be taped, tacked, glued or otherwise affixed to walls, windows, doors, columns, or hung from light fixtures or ceilings. Only authorized persons will move or adjust furniture in the LSU Student Union, including meeting and event set ups.
Key Request Procedure
The purpose of the key issuance procedures is to support Facilities Services in their efforts to provide the highest security for all LSU facilities. Per PS-49, Facility Services has identified building coordinators for each LSU facility to assist in the key issuance process. For the LSU Student Union/Auxiliary Services department, the Facilities Manager, will serve in this role.
- Fill out the key request form.
- All key request forms should be attached to an email and sent to the Auxiliary Services work order email, firstname.lastname@example.org. Keys may not be ordered by telephone.
- There is a charge for each key made. Please include an account number to be charged $5.00 on the key request form.
- The Facilities Manager will approve and enter the request through the Facility Services work order tracking system.
- Facility Services will notify the Facilities Manager when the keys are ready to be picked up.
- The Facilities Manager will contact the individual/employee notifying them that their key is ready to be picked up at the Facility Services Building, Room 120.
- Keys can be picked up between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- The individual/employee will pick their key up at the Facility Services Building.
- It is the individual/employee’s responsibility to immediately verify that the key works.
LSU Key Issuance Agreement:
As an LSU employee, you acknowledge receipt of the requested key and agree to adhere to the key control policies and procedures as per the University Rules & Regulations:
- Key(s) remain the permanent property of Louisiana State University.
- A lost or stolen key(s) must be reported immediately to LOFSOFS and LSU PD. A fee will be charged for each lost key and key lock(s), if deemed necessary.
- Individuals may not loan keys to anyone.
- Only an LSU locksmith may duplicate an LSU key(s).
- No employee will unlock a door for any person unless they are certain the individual is authorized to be in the building/room/area. Upon termination of employment, periods of extended leave from the university, or when a change in space assignment occurs, key(s) must be returned to Facility Services. A fee will be charged for each unreturned key plus the cost to replace each core the lost key operates.