While the scheduling process can seem overwhelming, we have compiled all information you may need to schedule courses for the next semester. For an overview of the steps to successfully schedule courses at LSU, please watch the video below. If you have not already done so, we recommend watching through our other videos linked under each topic’s tab: Course Offerings, Recommended Paths, General Education Requirements, Scheduling via myLSU, and Degree Audits. Watching these first will allow you to fully understand and walk through these steps seamlessly.
Steps to Schedule:
- Check your myLSU account to determine if you have any scheduling holds and resolve those holds as needed.
- Determine when your scheduling priority will open.
- Use your Degree Audit to determine the courses in which you have credit.
- Review your CATS tracking status and prioritize registering for critical courses.
- Follow your Recommended Path, 8 semester plan, or Engineering Flowchart in selecting courses.
- Make a list of the courses you would like to take.
- Choose tentative course sections via the LSU Schedule Booklet/Course Offerings page online.
- Schedule your courses when your scheduling priority opens!