Welcome to the Center for Advising and Counseling
The Center for Advising and Counseling (UCAC) is the administrative unit which can serve as the academic home for students who have attempted 30-plus hours of college credit and who do not yet met the admission requirements for one of the University’s degree-granting senior colleges. UCAC also offers an enrollment option and advising assistance for students working to meet the admission requirements to the Allied Health, Pre-Public Health, Pre-Dental Hygiene, and Pre-Pharmacy programs at the LSU Health Sciences Centers in New Orleans and Shreveport or Pharmacy Programs in Louisiana. Note: Pre-Nursing advising is available in the Center for Freshman Year.
UCAC Spring 2022 Operating Schedule
Office Hours: Monday – Friday; 8:00 – 4:30 PM (Central Standard Time)
Location: 150 Himes Hall
APPOINTMENTS (January 28-May 20)
UCAC will offer advising appointments (Monday – Friday; 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM – Central Standard Time) from January 28 to May 20, 2022. Appointment availability will open beginning January 27th at 4:30 PM and will continue to open 14 days out until May 20th. If all appointments are showing as full for the next two weeks, check the appointment system each morning at 8:00 AM (Central Standard Time) for possible same day appointment availability.
UCAC students can schedule a virtual appointment through the Navigate Student app. See the video to the or instructions below for more information on this process. Students with difficulty accessing the App, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Freshmen enrolled in UCFY (less than 30 hours earned) can schedule a drop in meeting with a UCFY academic counselor the Navigate Student App.
- Students enrolled in an LSU senior college can schedule an appointment with their respective college academic counselor through the Navigate Student App. Ensure to select “Academic Advising” as the appointment type to be directed to their specific senior college for assistance.
- Students enrolled in an LSU senior college wishing to change majors to a program offered by another senior college, can schedule an appointment with a UCAC academic counselor and select “Change Major/Minor” as their service.
- Students pursuing admission into Allied Health, Pharmacy, or Pre-Public Health programs are able to meet with Mr. Anthony Oster, UCAC Allied Health and Pharmacy Advisor, regardless of the major they are pursuing or college in which they are enrolled. Ensure to select the appropriate service when scheduling your appointment.
NOTE: Non-UCAC students who schedule appointments with UCAC academic counselors will receive appointment cancellation notices and be directed to reschedule with the appropriate advising office to provide them with the best assistance possible.
Using the Navigate App to Schedule an Advising Appointment:
When scheduling a virtual appointment, select the following options as prompted:
- What type of appointment would you like to schedule: Academic Advising (UCFY & UCAC)
- Service: Select the appropriate service based on your needs. If selecting advising ensure to select Advising (UCAC)
- Date: Select your desired appointment date
- Location: University College - Center for Advising and Counseling (UCAC)
- Time: Select your desired appointment time
- How would you like to meet: Virtual
- Would you like to share anything: Please include your intended major, specific advising needs, and your preferred name and pronouns in the comment box.
You will receive an appointment confirmation as well as a reminder which will provide a link to access the Zoom appointment.
VIRTUAL Drop-In Meetings (January 10- January 27)
During critical times in the semester, UCAC offers drop-in meetings, no appointment needed. From Wednesday April 13 to Thursday, April 14, 2022, UCAC academic counselors will be available to meet with students on a virtual drop in basis. Students can register for a virtual drop on Navigate from 8:15 AM to 1:00 PM (Central Standard Time) Monday – Friday.
During these hours, students can check in for a virtual drop in via the Navigate Student App (see video below for instructions). Once checked in, students will be seen on a first available basis. Wait times will vary. A text message and/or email will be sent with a Zoom meeting link when the academic counselor is available.
Due to the large volume of students needing assistance, students not present in the zoom meeting within 10 minutes may be marked as no-show and required to check-in a second time to be seen on a first available basis.
Due to the high volume of requests during this time, UCAC email responses may be delayed longer than usual. While email requests will continue to be monitored and responses provided, priority assistance will be given to students seen on a virtual drop-in basis.
Meet with an Advisor
Office Location & Hours:
Virtual Appointments only at this time
8:00 am–4:30 pm
At LSU, we’re family and care deeply about the well being of our students. LSU CARES is an initiative dedicated to helping students access the resources they need to thrive here.