Venue Rentals & Photography
Let the historic, natural charm of the LSU Rural Life Museum and Windrush Gardens serve as the perfect backdrop for your wedding, rehearsal dinner, luncheon or other special event. Brides and corporate clients from all over the region have chosen us for a special destination location.
If you have any questions, please contact the museum at (225)765-2437 or email email@example.com with 'Rentals' in the subject line.
The LSU Rural Life Museum and Windrush Gardens are available for your portraits. Appointments are required for all photography sessions. In order to schedule a photography session, please contact the museum at (225)765-2437 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Photography' in the subject line.
After-hours appointments are allowed for an additional fee, but please be aware of
the following before booking an after-hours session.
- The front gate at Essen Lane automatically closes at 4:30pm. Plan an arrival time for around 4:00pm in order to make it to your appointment before
the gate closes.
- ALL of the buildings are closed for after-hours appointments. This includes the historic outbuildings, the restrooms and the changing room.
- You will only be able to take pictures around the grounds and on the porches of the historic buildings during an after-hours session.
- If you want pictures inside the church, plan an arrival time for around 3:30pm.
The following information is needed in order to schedule an appointment:
- Duration: Start Time and End Time of session
- Name of Contact Person
- Contact Person's Phone Number
- Is a changing room needed?The dressing room is now available by appointment only.
- Type of Session: Bridal, Engagement, Family, Maternity, Senior, Baby, Before Wedding or After Wedding portraits
- Location: Rural Life Museum grounds, Windrush Gardens or Both
- Name of Photographer
If the dressing room is unavailable, the public restroom stalls may be used for wardrobe changes. Do not leave any personal items in the restrooms. Please arrive with hair and make-up already done. The restrooms are not available for after-hours appointments because the Visitor Center, where the restrooms are located, closes at 5pm.
Prices (per Session/Client)
- Single Session (2 hours or less) Rural Life Museum - $80.00
- Single Session (2 hours or less) Windrush Gardens - $80.00
- Single Session (2 hours or less) for both Museum & Gardens - $150.00
- Day Pass (3 hours or more) for one area - $200.00
- After-hours Security Fee (staying after 5:00pm) - $50.00
Since photography sessions are dependent upon the weather, all sessions are paid the day of your appointment at the LSU Rural Life Museum's gift shop.
The Rural Life Museum and Windrush Gardens is located at 4560 Essen Lane. After driving through the front gate on Essen Lane, continue driving 1.5 miles back on the property. All RLM and Windrush Garden photography sessions need to be purchased at the museum's front desk/gift shop area.