CxC Advisory Council
The CxC Advisory Council serves to advise the CxC Director, staff, and faculty on ways to advance the workplace communication skills of LSU undergraduates. Council members work to promote the efforts of CxC faculty and the successes of certified LSU Distinguished Communicator students beyond the LSU campus and help to identify private and public partnership opportunities that will enhance and advance the LSU CxC program. The Council consists of student, faculty, and community members across academic disciplines, organizations and experience levels, all of whom believe effective communication skills are critical to students’ post-graduation success.
Mark Boyer, College of Art + Design
Prosanta Chakrabarty, College of Science
Buddy Ethridge, Academic IT
Blaine Grimes, Campus Federal Credit Union
Darrell Henry, College of Science
Curtis Heroman, Sparkhound
Courtney Irwin, Shell International / Engineers without Borders USA
Morgan Kastner, Baton Rouge Area Chamber
Julie Laperouse, Emergent Method
Stewart Lockett, Student Government / Engineering Senior
Elizabeth Melvin, College of Engineering
Andrew Mullet, LSU School of Medicine
Mike Pasquier, College of Humanities & Social Sciences
Connor Rouillier, DC Candidate / Humanities & Social Sciences Senior
Meghan Sanders, School of Mass Communication
Beverly Brooks Thompson, Brooks Thompson Consulting
Rebecca Burdette, Communication across the Curriculum
Jennifer Baumgartner, CxC / College of Human Sciences & Education
Matt Lee, Office of Academic Affairs
The goal of the CxC Advisory Council is to assist in the process of advancing the CxC program at all levels, including C-I courses, CxC studios, student workshops, the LSU DC program and CxC hosted events, including TEDxLSU. While applying to be a member of the council is voluntary, once a membership position has been accepted, the member must complete and honor the commitments below.
The CxC Advisory Board consists of 13-15 members who, collectively, vary in discipline and skill sets and represent all CxC constituency groups (faculty, students, community, alumni and industry professionals).
- All Advisory Council members must demonstrate a strong commitment to student advancement, faculty development and community collaboration.
- Members serve a two-year term (with some flexibility to establish efficient rotation within the first few years of the Council's creation).
- When opportunities or challenges arise that require in-depth feedback and suggestions from the CxC community, Council members lead working groups to engage critical stakeholders outside of the Council in conversations and decisions (i.e., a faculty member on the Board may be asked to lead a working roup of non-Council C-I faculty members in considering revisions to the C-I course evaluations).
- Council members participate in face-to-face meetings that will be held quarterly, with additional meetings held via video or audio conference as needed throughout the year.
In addition to advising CxC, Advisory Council members:
- publicly support the need for, and value of, advancing LSU undergraduates' communication skills.
- continuously champion CxC and its programming initiatives, such as TEDxLSU.
- energetically support initiatives between LSU and private, public, and nonprofit organizations in the best interest of student and faculty success.
If you are interested in serving on the CxC Advisory Council, please contact CxC Director Rebecca Burdette at firstname.lastname@example.org.