Opportunity, Diversity, Success
A student who has not yet registered with LSU Disability Services or provided documentation of an eligible disability can find information on registering and types of eligible accommodations.
To receive accommodations, the request you submit to us must include documentation of your disability and how it impacts you. Visit our Students - Getting Started section for more information.
For those already registered with LSU Disability Services:
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Disability Services (Fall 2020)
Disability Services is to continuing to register and provide assistance to students with disabilities and their faculty throughout the accommodation process as classes are being taught in-person and some type of online format. New student registration and returning student appointments will be held via phone call or Zoom unless specifically requested to be in person. Our office can be contacted during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the following phone numbers and is open if a student needs to come in.
Questions or Issues – 225-578-5919
Phone or Zoom Appointments with DS Advisers – 225-578-5919
Testing – 225-578-2613
Most in-class accommodations will apply to all methods of online instruction though some may apply differently. Accommodation letters can be saved as a .pdf document using the same request form currently used to print them. Students can then email the accommodation letters to their faculty. Please do not hesitate to contact DS at 225-578-5919 or email@example.com if any questions or issues arise.
The Disability Services Testing Office plans to be open for the Fall 2020 semester. Due to necessary reduction in testing capacity in order to provide appropriate social distancing, the testing center will ONLY be proctoring paper-based exams and a limited number of computer based exams for students with disabilities. For DS proctored computer based exams for those students who receive extensive accommodations, DS cannot proctor exams through ProctorU directly. The instructor will need to provide us with the exam or a link to the exam.
If your exam is via Proctor U and you will not be taking the exam in DS the instructor will need to put your accommodations into the additional information section of the ProctorU form that they fill out.
As always in order to get accommodations you will need to provide your instructor with your accommodation letter.
Exam request will still need to be scheduled at least 3 business days prior to the exam using our online testing form located at www.lsu.edu/disability under the Forms section. DS Testing spaces are limited to 50% capacity so it is imperative that exam request deadlines are strictly adhered to.
Please read the following as you will be required to adhere to these policies:
- As you enter Johnson Hall, please use the hand sanitizer dispenser that is located at the front door. There is also dispensers located along the testing hall.
- To check in for your exam, you will need to get into the testing line that is marked while adhering to the social distancing policy. The line will start outside the testing office (room 122) in the lobby of Johnston Hall.
- There will only be 2 students allowed in the Testing Office at a time; one checking in at desk and one putting belongings in a locker.
- You are required to wear a mask at all times in Johnston Hall and while testing.
- You are required to wipe down your station before and after use. Cleaning supplies will be provided.
- Scantrons, Bluebooks and pencils will be provided.
- Cell phones must be completely powered off during testing and stored in your book sack or locker.
- Smart watches are not allowed to be worn during testing and must be powered off.
DS Testing office hours are 8:00a-6:00p Monday through Friday. Please be mindful of the time. There is a clock located in the window sill of every testing room.
Students should reach out to us as early as possible if concerned so that we can work to find solutions as quickly as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org or 225-578-5919.
For more information regarding LSU’s efforts for online instruction click below:
Student Support to Geaux Online: online.lsu.edu/learner-support/