High school teachers are a vital part of the LSU Dual Enrollment Program. They facilitate the delivery of the content and the assessment of the courses to their high school students. They work closely with the LSU faculty member who is the Instructor of Record of the course.
- DE teachers receive training and certification in the course content of the DE course from LSU.
- DE teachers have the opportunity to gain a greater understanding and knowledge of the course content required for success in college courses.
- DE training exposes teachers to new and effective delivery models.
- DE training offers teachers the opportunity to form a professional network with other teachers who participate in the program.
- Teachers must complete an extensive summer workshop to become certificated to participate in the program and facilitate the LSU courses.
- Teachers must facilitate the LSU courses in their classrooms using the (unaltered) course materials, syllabi, assessments, and grading scales provided by LSU.
- Teachers must follow all policy guidelines from the LSU Instructor of Record.
Through Summer 2016, approximately 225 high school teachers have been certified to facilitate DE courses at LSU.
For more information on dual enrollment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.