Plan your personal, school-level, or district writing professional development now! Build teacher capacity in writing by attending the 2024 Invitational Summer Institute.
The Louisiana State University Writing Project, in conjunction with The National Writing Project (NWP), is dedicated to improving student writing and the teaching of writing in the nation's schools and beyond. Through this partnership with the NWP, LSU WP extends opportunities for local teachers, principals, and other educators to engage in intensive writing professional development through graduate course offerings. Despite rapid changes in communication, in literacy education, and in teaching, writing remains a powerful mechanism and a powerful way to transform lives.
The LSU WP Co-Directors invite interested educators to apply to the LSU WP Invitational Summer Institute, a two-week intensive professional development experience offered through six (6) hours of graduate credit. The 2024 Invitational Summer Institute includes two (2) 100% web-based consecutive, co-requisite graduate courses:
- EDCI 7311.1 Institute I, ( Dates TBD) and
- EDCI 7311.2 Institute II, ( Dates TBD)
If interested in becoming a NWP teacher consultant, an electronic letter of application must be submitted during the 2024 Spring semester, sharing the following:
- Why you would be an excellent candidate to participate in the Invitational Summer Institute
- Name, title, e-mail (contact information) of two individuals who can serve as references
- Submit letter, including references, to Margaret-Mary Sulentic Dowell (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Courtney A. Brown (email@example.com).