About Our Division
To engage, retain, and graduate a diverse student population for success at LSU and beyond.
We enhance learning by fostering critical thinking, ethical responsibility, and cultivating active, healthy lives to create a transformative university experience.
An environment that fosters student success and enhances the mission of LSU.
The core of our daily work incorporates values of being collaborative, creative, culturally adept, globally engaged, innovative, and transformative. Our goals center on:
- Cultivating an environment that supports persistence, retention, and graduation.
- Developing global citizens who demonstrate cultural competence and inclusion.
- Innovating for continuous improvement of personnel, processes, programs, facilities, and services.
- Promoting well-being, (resilience, safety, wellness, personal development, etc.) in the campus community.
- Providing experiences for students to develop into civically engaged and productive leaders.
With budget and other challenges facing LSU on an ongoing basis, the departments within our division offer a solid foundation for student affairs to the university and its students. The greatest of these strengths is our staff. Our outstanding teams of dedicated, knowledgeable, highly trained professionals are positioned across campus and maintain a student-centered philosophy and developmental focus.
Our organizations, programs, services, and facilities have been nationally recognized for excellence and innovation. We are eager to serve as advocates and champions for students and to continually improve our effectiveness in using resources to create, tailor, and execute initiatives to meet their needs. Additionally, we are a top campus employer of student workers and provide numerous professional development opportunities for students working within our division.