How To Apply
Applications for the Peace Corps Prep Program will be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
- All LSU undergraduate students in good academic and accountability standing may apply.
- Applications should be submitted at least three semesters before a student's expected graduation date.
- We encourage interested students to consider submitting applications earlier to give more time to complete program requirements
- Current fourth year students may be considered on a case by case basis.
Steps for Applying to the Peace Corps Prep Program
- Review the LSU Peace Corps Prep Program Student Guide.
- Submit a completed LSU Peace Corps Prep Program admission application, a resume/CV, and a one-page personal statement of interest to the Peace Corps Prep Program Advisor.
- Meet with the Peace Corps Prep Program Advisor to receive admission into the program.
After admission to the program, students must earn a minimum grade of B- in all courses listed on the student’s Peace Corps Prep plan of study.
Completing the Peace Corps Prep Program
- Submit a completed Exit Checklist to the Peace Corps Prep Program Advisor when you have completed all program requirements.
Note: Peace Corps Prep students who apply for Peace Corps service should scan and attach the signed Exit Checklist to their Peace Corps application with the name “PC Prep Checklist.” If you apply to Peace Corps before completing a requirement, you should still submit a signed Exit Checklist - write: “[Activity]: planned [month/year]” for any incomplete requirement