You are interested in telling the world’s compelling stories, whether they are in print, online, or through broadcast media.
Become an expert in delivering news across multiple platforms. With emphases on writing, research, and visuals in traditional, online, and social media, graduates will be able to compete in this evolving digital industry.
- Multi-Platform Journalist
- Television Producer
- Television Reporter
- Web Content Journalist
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- Application required
- One full-time semester completed at LSU
- 3.0 GPA overall
- Grade of "B" or better in MC 2010 (Media Writing)
B.A.M.C., Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication
Course Load by Subject Area
- Communication: High Intensity
- Writing: High Intensity
- History & Law: Medium Intensity
- Business & Economics: Low Intensity
- Electives: Low Intensity
- Foreign Language: Low Intensity
- Math: Low Intensity
- View all course loads