You are interested in helping athletes manage their health in order to maintain optimal performance.
About Athletic Training
Athletic training is designed to prepare you for a successful career as a highly qualified health care professional. Upon completion of the three-year professional phase (clinical component), you are prepared for management of health care problems associated with those who are physically active.
- Athletic trainer
- Emergency medicine provider
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- 24 hours of credit in 1000-level courses or higher
- 2.5 GPA (LSU and overall)
- Advanced placement in, credit for, or a grade of “C” or better in the following:
- English 1001 (1004)
- Math 1021 and 1022
- Biology 1201, 1208, 1202, and 1209
B.S., Bachelor of Science
Course Load by Subject Area
- Lab Hours or Field Work: High Intensity
- Science: High Intensity
Learn more about course loads and subject areas