News Archive: 2019
- Dr. Francois Raffoul has a forthcoming book with Indiana University Press, Thinking the Event. The book will be released in June 2020 and more information about it can be found on the Indiana University Press website
- Dr. Raffoul was also invited to give a lecture on "The Phenomenology of the Inapparent" in the Philosophy Department at Stony Brook University. The lecture took place on October 16th, 2019.
- Dr. Deborah Goldgaber participated in the Annual Collegium Phaenomenologicum in Citta, Italy in July, where she also delivered a paper on Derrida and Meillassoux's critiques of philosophical "Correlationism."
- Dr. Goldgaber is working with the Ethics Institute, Dr. Cecil Eubanks (Political Science, Director of the Ethics Institute) and Dr. Michael Pasquier (Religious Studies, Director - Center for Collaborative Knowledge) to co-host a luncheon for faculty affiliates where they will discuss the Institute's 'Moral Theory Project' and transdisciplinary approaches to "Trust."
- Dr. Raff Donelson presented his paper "The Rorty-Dworkin Debate" at the Richard Rorty Society Meeting at Penn State University in November. This paper will be published in a collection entitled, The Ethics, Epistemology, and Politics of Richard Rorty.
- Dr. Donelson also presented his paper, "Fuller and the Folk" at the New Frontiers in Experimental Jurisprudence conference at the University of Chicago Law School in October. This paper will be published in Oxford Studies in Experimental Philosophy.
- Dr. Husain Sarkar published a book on Kant and Parfit: The Groundwork of Morals. His book was subsequently reviewed in the Notre Dame Philosophical Review on April 22nd.