You want to perform music, to share your passion with others.
About Music, B.M.
The Bachelor of Music prepares you for a career as a professional musician or composer. It also serves as the gateway to graduate-level studies in music.
- Piano Pedagogy
- Piano Performance
- Music teacher
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- 24 hours in 1000-level courses or higher
- 2.0 cumulative GPA (2.5 GPA for transfer)
- audition required prior to beginning first year
- completion of placement examination in Music Theory and Music History
B.M., Bachelor of Music
Course Load by Subject Area
- Performing Art: ⚫︎⚫︎⚫︎
- History & Art: ⚫︎⚫︎⚪︎
- Social Studies: ⚫︎⚫︎⚪︎
- Lab Hours or Field Work: ⚫︎⚪︎⚪︎
- View all course loads