The mission of the LSU Communication Sciences and Disorders Alumni and Friends Association (COMD A&F) is to establish a network of alumni and friends who promote and support the educational, research, and clinical efforts of the department as well as sustaining a supportive interaction among alumni, students, faculty, and community members who value the contributions of the program.
- Create mutually beneficial relationships between the COMD Department and its alumni and friends.
- Provide a forum for alumni and friends to network with current students and faculty, old friends and new friendships for purposes of sharing knowledge and experiences, membership recruitment, socializing, and planning events.
- Communicate with alumni and friends about COMD Department development, expansion, and needs in regard to teaching, research and clinical activities.
- Coordinate efforts with LSU COMD to establish new clinical practicum opportunities in the community for current students.
- Network between COMD faculty and COMD undergraduate and graduate alumni in regard to job opportunities for new graduates.
- Work with the LSU Foundation to establish and manage the COMD Alumni and Friends Donor Account.
- Participate in fundraising activities to support educational, research, and clinical needs of students and faculty.
We are thrilled to share news about our newly formed Alumni and Friends chapter. We are in the early phase of development and request your assistance with creation of a database. Please complete the form so we can keep you updated regarding our progress.
We thank you in advance for the support of our department. This chapter will allow us to share news about our growth, research, and clinical services as we build community based on pride and love for LSU and COMD.