Ali Kazemian, Ph.D.
3319 Patrick F. Taylor Hall
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Ph.D., Civil Engineering (Robotic Construction), University of Southern California (USC), California, 2018
M.Sc., Computer Science, University of Southern California (USC), California, 2017
M.Sc., Construction Engineering and Management, Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic), Iran, 2012
B.Sc., Civil Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic), Iran, 2010
Assistant Professor, Bert S. Turner Department of Construction Management, Louisiana State University, 2020- now.
Senior Research and Development Engineer, Contour Crafting Corporation, 2017-2020.
Graduate Research Assistant, Contour Crafting lab, University of Southern California, 2014-2018.
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Department of Computer Science, University of Southern California, 2017-2018.
Graduate Research Assistant, Pennsylvania State University (Penn State), 2014.
- Robotic construction methods such as construction 3D printing
- Real-time quality monitoring and control using embedded computers
- Automated progress and quality monitoring using computer vision
- Special concretes
- Computer vision for real-time extrusion quality monitoring and control in robotic construction, A Kazemian, X Yuan, O Davtalab, B Khoshnevis, Automation in Construction 101, 92-98.
- Perspectives on a BIM-integrated software platform for robotic construction through Contour Crafting, O Davtalab, A Kazemian, B Khoshnevis, Automation in Construction 89, 13-23.
- Cementitious materials for construction-scale 3D printing: Laboratory testing of fresh printing mixture, A Kazemian, X Yuan, E Cochran, B Khoshnevis, Construction and Building Materials 145, 639-647.
- Use of natural zeolite to produce Self-consolidating concrete with low Portland cement content and high durability, AA Ramezanianpour, A Kazemian, M Sarvari, B Ahmadi, ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering 25, 2012.
For a complete list of publications: View Google Scholar page