Brian Wolshon, Ph.D., PE (LA, MI, FL), PTOE
Edward A. and Karen Wax Schmitt Distinguished Professor of Engineering
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
3240Q Patrick F. Taylor Hall
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Phone: (225) 578-5247 / Fax: (225) 578-4945
- 1997 Ph.D. Civil Engineering, with an emphasis in transportation engineering. Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan.
- 1990 M.S. Civil Engineering, with an emphasis in transportation engineering. Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan.
- 1988 B.S. Physics. Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan.
- (1997 - present) Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA.
- (1991-1997) Project Engineer, JCK & Associates, Inc., Novi, MI.
- (1990 -1991) Associate Engineer, Barton-Aschman & Associates, Inc., Southfield, MI. (now part of The Parsons Corporation)
- (1990) Graduate Researcher, Safety Design Research Division Turner-Fairbank Highway Research Center, FHWA, McLean, VA.
- (1989) Engineering Intern, Linscott, Law, and Greenspan Engineers, Inc. Pasadena, CA.
- (1988-1990) Research Assistant, Department of Civil Engineering, Michigan State University. East Lansing, MI.
Dr. Wolshon’s research interests cover a variety of topics within the broader field of transportation engineering, including highway design and safety as well as traffic control and operations. He is also an internationally recognized expert on emergency and evacuation traffic planning and management as well as resilience transportation.
Gulf Coast Center for Evacuation and Transportation Resiliency