You are intrigued by the corporate world, and you have an independent, entrepreneurial spirit.
About General Business
Turn you passion into your career. Here, you will be able to take electives from multiple areas of business and earn an official university minor from more than 100 available options. You will gain valuable insight and basic knowledge in key areas of accounting, economics, finance, information systems and decision sciences, management, and marketing as you build a customized curriculum that makes sense for your career goals.
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- 30 credit hours of college-level coursework
- at least 12 credit hours from the LSU Flagship campus
- at least 9 credit hours in business courses
- grade of “C-” or better in ACCT 2001, ECON 2000, ENGL 1001, ISDS 1102, MATH 1021, and MATH 1431
- 2.6 cumulative GPA and cumulative LSU GPA
- 2.3 business GPA and LSU business GPA