You are meticulous and exacting, and you love to work with numbers.
Accounting defines transactions so they can be used to describe business activities. Learning the language allows you to communicate and understand the financial operations of any and all types of organizations. You also have the opportunity to earn a graduate degree while completing the required hours to be eligible for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam.
- Financial accountant
- Forensic accountant
- Internal auditor
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- 30 credit hours of college-level coursework
- at least 12 credit hours from the LSU Flagship campus
- at least 9 credit hours in business courses
- grade of “C-” or better in ACCT 2001, ECON 2000, ENGL 1001, ISDS 1102, MATH 1021, and MATH 1431
- 3.0 cumulative GPA and cumulative LSU GPA
- 2.5 business GPA and LSU business GPA
B.S., Bachelor of Science
Course Load by Subject Area
- Business & Economics: ⚫︎⚫︎⚫︎
- Communication: ⚫︎⚫︎⚪︎
- Math: ⚫︎⚪︎⚪︎
- Technology: ⚫︎⚪︎⚪︎
- Electives: ⚫︎⚪︎⚪︎
- View all course loads