Components are a new tool that allow us to create more complex design elements and input the content through a simple form. We are in the process of building out components and will be adding new ones in the future.
Insert a component
- Log into OU Campus
- Navigate to the file of the page you want to insert the video on
- Check out the page by clicking on the light bulb, making it yellow
- Select “Edit”
- Select the content area in which you want to insert the snippet (“edit main content area,” “edit right column,” “edit left column” etc.)
- Place your cursor where you want to place the component
- Click the component icon in the toolbar. The icon is a diagram of an atom.
- Select the component you would like to insert
- Click the blue "Insert" button in the bottom right of the window
- Follow the prompts and fill in the necessary information for that component.
- Click "Save"
- Component will now be inserted onto the page. In edit mode, you will not see the content but a gray box.
- To edit the component, click on the gray box, then the edit icon (pencil).
Used to embed third-party content.
Video Embed: Responsive-Accessible
This component is used for embedding videos from YouTube or Vimeo into your OU Campus page.
Photos with Cutlines
Insert a photo with a background and caption.