Library Operations During COVID-19
The SVM Library’s Circulation Desk is open from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Print materials can also be requested via email firstname.lastname@example.org for pick up at the Circulation Desk during that time. An LSU ID card must be presented to check out or pick up reserved books.
Materials should be returned to the purple SVM Library Dropbox located outside the main entrance of the School of Veterinary Medicine building.
Health & Safety
- Face coverings and social distancing are required at all times while in the Library.
- Conference rooms have capacity limits based on social distancing.
- Food is currently not allowed in the Library.
- Library materials are quarantined for four days after they are returned.
- Hand sanitizer and wipes are located at the Library’s Circulation Desk.
Access to all electronic resources continues to be available. Due to COVID-19 safety precautions, browsing the print resources is done by request during hours of operation. Books that are browsed or returned will be quarantined for four days.
Laptops will not be loaned out due to the required sanitization process that can cause damage. Please bring your own laptop to use in the conference rooms.
Accessing Electronic Resources
The SVM Library homepage is the starting point for all of your research.
You will need your myLSU username and password to access online resources.
- Accessing Library Resources - explains how to use the available tools to find library resources
- Clinical Databases and Resources - introduces the library resources Vetstream and Films on Demand and contains links to free clinical resources
- Research Databases - gives basic instructions for using the major research databases available through LSU Libraries, as well as Google Scholar
- All available research guides
All ILL services are available. Requests for print and electronic journal articles and book chapters will arrive in about 24-48 hours. Requests for physical items will usually arrive in 1-2 weeks. Mail slowdowns and closures at other libraries may cause additional delays. Book Delivery to campus offices (faculty only) will take 3 to 5 business days.
Set up a Zoom meeting with library staff.