Commuter Student Programs
Living off-campus may be confusing at times, but we have the resources to help make your commute from home to school an easy one. Below are additional resources you may need while finding or settling into your off-campus home. Be sure to download the LSU Commuter Student Guide to find all of your off-campus living information in one place.
Use this guide to discover what is expected of you as a tenant, as well as the rights you are owed by your landlord.
LSU does not have a walk in legal assistance program. However, there are other options within the Baton Rouge community.
- Baton Rouge Bar Foundation Pro Bono Project: The box on the right in this link provides info for clients in need of assistance.
- Ask-A-Lawyer is a first come, first served project by the BR Bar Association.
- Southeast LA Legal Services: The office is located at 715 St. Ferdinand St. 225-448-0080, intake line is 225-448-0331. View the client services' list here.
- Southern University Law Clinics: Offers assistance to qualified individuals in the practice areas of Administrative/Civil Law, Bankruptcy, Criminal Clinic, Divorce/Domestic Violence, Elder Law, Juvenile Law, Low-income Taxpayer, Mediation and Worker’s Compensation.
- Other LA legal links may be accessed here. .
Reference the map of LSU Parking before the first day of classes, and notice the blue zones, which are the designated parking areas for commuter students. These are the only spots you are allowed to park in.
For a closer look at off-campus housing options, visit offcampushousing.lsu.edu
Dine on campus with ease with a LSU Dining Commuter Meal Plan. Check out all of your Commuter Meal Plan options by clicking here.