Guidelines: How to Submit Content Ideas
When submitting ideas for content to post on the LSU homepage, LSU social media channels and the LSU Media Center (media relations), consider how your content ideas address the university’s goals of: student recruitment, student retention, research and discovery, philanthropy and community engagement.
Also, consider why your content would be interesting to local, statewide or national media, or why it would appeal to the LSU community of donors, alumni and friends.
Begin your pitch by outlining the “who, what, when, where and why” details of what you want to promote.
- Who – note all parties involved with your idea and its audience(s)
- What is happening?
- When will it occur, or why is it timely? Or when did it occur?
- Where will it take place?
- Why is it important – to media, to the public, to your audience(s)?
Tell us which vehicles you believe should be used to appropriately place your content.
- LSU media center
- LSU homepage sliders
- LSU event calendar
- myLSU portal, news postings
- Featured Tiger video on the LSU.edu homepage
- LSU social media
- Linked In
Please give us ample time to consider your idea and promote it. A minimum of two weeks is appropriate, but more time may be necessary to flesh out a full-scale promotion, depending on the scope and scale of the idea.
Any questions should be directed to your marketing strategist.