Policy Statement 10 governs the design, content, approval, and production of "reputation-defining" university communications that reflect, support, or promote the mission and vision of LSU as a whole or with regard to specific departmental programs.
This policy exists to preserve, protect, and enhance LSU's image by presenting the university in a clear, unified, consistent, and memorable manner and to ensure compliance with state law (R.S. 43:111) regarding the expenditure of funds for advertising.
To Request Approval
- Review the LSU Brand Guide prior to submission.
- Email a low-resolution PDF or JPEG or a Word document for a text project to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Allow a minimum of two to three business days for a response.
- Artwork must be final to be considered for approval and include final images and logo in intended size and location with final text.
- You are, however, welcome to submit concepts earlier in your process for feedback and guidance. We will review for compliance with Brand Identity standards and provide art direction as necessary.
- In addition to artwork, please include the following information with your submission:
- Objective of the piece and how it will be used/distributed
- Audience the piece will target
- For ads, provide the name of the publication, website, etc., ad run dates, and insertion deadline.
- For direct marketing pieces, provide a specific number of people/addresses that will receive the piece.
Please note that publications featuring academic course or degree information must be reviewed and approved by the Office of the University Registrar.
The university requires us to review and approve all contracts with vendors for video, radio, and multimedia productions.
If a unit uses an approved vendor without securing our approval in advance, Accounting Services is required to return the contract to us for review and approval. If the project is approved, the unit must supply a rough edit to us for approve at the end of the production process.
Please check out our Video page for more information.
Website Design and Development
All website design and development projects must be routed to us prior to final production.
If you are contracting with an external vendor, please route the “Scope of Services” and “Purchase Requisition” to our office before work is initiated.
Prior to launching a new website, all designs must be routed to our office for approval, including work done by an LSU employee, additional compensation employee, or external vendor. A PDF mock-up or URL of the beta site must be sent to email@example.com with sufficient time remaining in the project timeline to accommodate approvals required as part of PS-10.
Please review our Online Communication page for more information.