Staff Senate Scholarship & Fee Support Scholarship
What is the Staff Senate Scholarship?
The Staff Senate Scholarship was created to offer direct assistance to dependents of any staff member, active or retired, of LSU. The $500 scholarship, awarded as $250 per semester, is to be used as the recipient deems necessary and is funded by donations from staff members.
Who is Eligible for the Staff Senate Scholarship?
- Dependents of any staff member, active or retired, at LSU.
- The recipient must have earned 24 hours of credit with at least a 2.5 GPA.
- The recipient must maintain his/her average to receive the award for both semesters.
- This award is for only for undergraduates.
What is the Staff Senate Fee Support Scholarship?
The Staff Senate Fee Support Scholarship was created in 2006 to offer financial assistance to eligible staff members who are in active pursuit of a degree from the main campus of LSU.
The LSU Staff Senate recognizes that furthering one’s education can positively enhance
the professional development, skills, and career longevity of the staff. The scholarship
was also created in an effort to retain and develop those employees who have earned
their degree in the hope that they will continue to serve the University and further
its core mission.
Contingent upon available funding, the award will cover the costs associated with non-exempt fees for one, three-hour course at the graduate or undergraduate level for the fall or spring semester. Scholarships will not be awarded for the summer semester.
Who is Eligible for the Staff Senate Fee Support Scholarship?
Any staff member from the LSU main campus is qualified under the following conditions:
- Must be an active, full-time staff member at LSU for a minimum of one year.
- Must meet all the requirements of the LSU Staff Tuition Exemption program administered through LSU’s Office of HRM.
- Must have completed a minimum of 12 hours as a graduate student or 30 hours as an undergraduate and are currently enrolled in a minimum of three semester hours.
- GPA requirements for undergraduate students are 2.0; GPA requirements for graduate students are 3.5.
Who Selects the Recipient(s)?
A committee of representatives from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Financial Aid administers the application process and selects the recipient(s) in the fall of each year for staff dependents and in the fall and spring of each year for staff members.
For more information, please contact the Staff Senate Office at 578-8566 or by email at email@example.com