2018 General Election - Call for Nominations
The LSU Staff Senate is accepting nominations for staff to run in the Spring 2018 General Election. Staff elected will fill expiring or vacant seats. The term of office is one to three years depending on whether the seat available is vacant or expires at the end of June 2018. More information is listed below about senator duties, seats available, the timeline for the election, and how to file for candidacy. If you have any questions, please call 225-578-8566 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senators are appointed to a full three-year term or to fill a vacancy that has less than three years
- Senators shall attend an orientation meeting
- Senators are expected to attend monthly meetings
- Senators shall serve on at least two Senate committees
- Senators shall make themselves known to their constituents, indicate how they can be contacted, listen to staff concerns and suggestions and communicate both to Staff Senate, as well as provide information on issues that affect staff to constituents
- Senators must keep their constituents well-informed of the work of the Senate
- Senators shall represent all staff (Senators are not elected to represent a school, department, or specific area)
Category EEO 1 – Executive/Administrative/Managerial – 1 seat for a 3-Year Term
- Category EEO 3 – Professional/Non-Faculty – 6 seats for a 3-Year Term
- Category EEO 5 – Technical/Paraprofessional – 1 vacant seat for a 1-Year Term
- Category EEO 6 – Skilled Crafts – 1 seat for a 3-Year Term
- Category EEO 7 – Service/Maintenance – 2 vacant seats for a 2-Year Term
- Category EEO 7 – Service/Maintenance – 2 vacant seats for a 1-Year Term
- March 16: Deadline for receipt of nomination forms
- March 26: Deadline for nominees to withdraw from election
- April 2: Ballots distributed to staff
- April 13: Deadline for receipt of completed ballots
- April 16: The Executive Committee will tabulate the votes and notify the nominees. In cases where there are only as many candidates in a category as vacancies, the candidates will be declared elected without opposition.
File for Candidacy
To file for candidacy, please complete and return the Declaration of Candidacy Form to the Staff Senate Office located in room 330 Thomas Boyd Hall or scan and email the completed form to email@example.com no later than March 16, 2018.
*Newly elected Staff Senators will be invited to attend the last meeting of the 2017-2018 year on June 20. Their term officially begins on July 1, 2018.