Gynecology (GYN) Clinic
The Gynecology (GYN) Clinic is currently staffed by two nurse practitioners. All visits are confidential. Visits are by appointment only. You should arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. There are charges associated with the visit as well as for laboratory, diagnostic imaging, injections, and other special procedures.
- Women's Wellness Class: This free, one-hour class provides education concerning pelvic exams, pap smears, sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and contraceptive measures. Students scheduled for their first annual exam should plan to attend.
- Annual Examination: This includes health education; blood pressure and weight measurements; may include an abdominal and pelvic exam; breast exam; and Pap smear (test for cervical cancer and pre-cancer). All women should have a breast exam done at the age of 20 and a pap smear done at the age of 21. Annual exams should be done once a year for those who are 21 years of age or older.
- Contraception counseling and implementation (including IUD and Nexplanon insertion)
- Evaluation of menstrual irregularities
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Consultation, education, testing and treatment of STIs
- Consultation regarding other women's health issues
- Gardasil vaccine
- Limited pelvic ultrasound
- Medical diagnostic procedures, such as colposcopies