Fees & Payments
2019 Spring Semester: $175 | 2019 Summer Semester: $100
(The fees above are included in tuition for full-time students. Part-time students can elect to pay the fees above to use SHC services.)
Student Health fee
All full-time students pay the Student Health Fee as part of their full time tuition and fees. Part-time students and non-student spousees can opt to pay the fee.
What Does the Fee Cover?
- Unlimited routine visits to clinicians in the Medical Clinic, the Women's Clinic or the Speciality Clinics
- Appointments with a counselor in Mental Health Service
- Services, including nutrition counseling in the Office of Wellness & Health Promotion
What Doesn't the Fee Cover?
- The cost for laboratory, diagnostic imaging, injectings, and other special procedures
- Psychological testing
- Lab work associated with the annual gynecology examination
- Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) Systems self-defense course for women
All students who are identified by the University as full-time students are required to pay the Student Health Fee, which is included in their tuition and fees.
Part-time students have the option to pay the Student Health Fee. They can elect to pay the fee when they register for classes or at any time during the semester. They start receiving services at the time they pay the fee. If a student has dropped from full-time to part-time status during a semester and has received a full or partial refund of the Student Health Fee from the Office of Bursar Operations, the student must repay the remainder of the SHC fee to continue to be eligible.
The Cashier Area accepts cash, checks with appropriate identification, and most major credit cards . Students are not required to pay at the time of service. All unpaid charges are automatically transferred to their fee bill and can be viewed on MyLSU. In addition, the Cashier area can assist students with filing insurance claims.